Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Enough is Friggin' Enough!

So Berkely isn't having the Veteran's Day celebrations. I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you! Berkeley? That bastion of the spirit of America? [*coughbullshitcough*]

We'll find more pro-Americanism in Baghdad than we'll find in Berkeley.

It seems that good ol' Country Joe McDonald wanted Chuck Mitchell, "a co-founder of Cindy Sheehan's organization, Gold Star Families for Peace, as the keynote speaker."

WTF?
McDonald, backed by other members of the committee, disagreed, saying that not permitting Mitchell to express his point of view would be tantamount to censoring free speech.

"Their position was that no matter what he said, because he was a member of Gold Star Families, he wouldn't be allowed to speak," McDonald said. "I've been doing this for 10 years, and this is the first time content and affiliation ever came up for discussion. I was shocked to find this kind of narrow-mindedness in my own hometown, in Berkeley, the birthplace of the Free Speech Movement."

Right. As if these bile-spewing anti-war protesters can be trusted to keep in the spirit of the Veteran's Day celebrations.

Free speech my ass. He's not being silenced. He's just not who some think should be speaking at this particular event. So I guess that if I join the anti-war movement and have a say in who their speakers are - and I choose Christopher Hitchens - I can say, "Hey! You're violatng his free speech," when they decline. They LOVE throwing that "free speech" phrase out there.

Give me a fucking break.

And that load of horse crap about the statement, "Their position was that no matter what he said...."? Well how about this?
Last week it appeared that a compromise had been reached, with McDonald agreeing to drop another proposal to include anti-war songs by the group Annie and the Vets.

Yep, you heard that right, folks. He tries the "I'm innocent" crap when his entire agenda is to make it another anti-war rally.

Edwin Harper was right when he said:
"They have the other 364 days and 23 hours to make their political point," he said. "This one hour should be reserved for honoring veterans, period."

Hey, I have an idea. Why doesn't a real veteran speak? Nah. That would make too much sense. But then, the lefties in Berkeley don't consider common sense when they make their determinations. They're "stuck on stupid".

And why the hell is Country Joe even heading this celebration? Yeah - "And-it's-one-two-three-what-are-we-fighting-for? Don't-ask-me-I-don't-give-a-damn" Country Joe. The Country Joe who thinks this would be a good time to get his anti-war fame and fortune back. How advantageous for him that there's another war for him to capitalize on.

I'm totally embarrased that I even bought his album 30+ years ago. I wish I had it now so I could burn it.



4 Comments:

At 10/19/2005 10:37:00 AM, Blogger DirtCrashr said...

Country Joe was named after Joseph Stalin by his radical-red parents, so he's a second-generation Communist agitator. God I'm so tired of all the damn, useless Communists!

 
At 10/19/2005 11:12:00 AM, Blogger A Person said...

What kills me is they don't say how many committee members there are, nor how many backed that asshole.

 
At 10/19/2005 11:40:00 PM, Blogger Timmer said...

History can repeat itself...sadly enough. But these moonbats are screeching but a hollow echo of the Vietnam fervor - kinda tough when there is NO DRAFT and we are fighting TERRORISTS.

But, they do try nonetheless...and it is pathetic. I have heard some of the horror stories of Recruiters being "shown off of" campuses...WTF? There would BE NO AMERICAN CAMPUSES (as we know them) if it were not for the military!

GAWD I hate these extremists liberal bastards!

((BTW, thanks for putting me on your Blogroll - but please change "Mr. Right" to "Righting America" - THANKS!!!))

 
At 10/20/2005 03:31:00 AM, Blogger A Person said...

Oh, okay - consider it done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home