Friday, October 14, 2005

Drunken revelations

Now I remember why I left the old blog. Maybe for mostly different reasons why I hate this one too, but the biggest is the general "silence". Because 99% of the people in the world are only interested in getting sensationalism. Because we are creatures of habit. We skim the surface like mackerel looking for the smelly bait. (No, we're not even particularly exceptional fish - just makerels) Something that doesn't relate to our ordinary, mundane existences - we want something that gets the juices flowing. Something we can get mad at or something we can look at and say, "YEAH!" And I noticed too that I was reluctant to be the only one to comment, or the first one to comment myself.

Got over that early on.

And then there's that clique-ish thing too. But I won't go there.

Whatever.

Maybe I'm, different. I like the little things. Things I can relate to. And sometimes those are just a bit more satisfying. I suppose it's a matter of taste. Who knows? Not that I'm begging for comments. No. Not that. Others may need it though. Talk to them. Let them know you hear them. Just think of it as some saying, "Hey, looking for a thrill? Well, it ain't happennin' here...., but let me tell you about, blah, blah, blah" That's just about what it amounts to. Personally, I get a kick out of what someone has to say about the waitress they encountered this morning at breakfast. And when I read history books - I like to know how the milk maid dealt with that ornery cow and not so much the price of milk.

Oh, I like smelly bait too. Just don't have an interest in going out dancing in the same clothes I've been fishing in.



2 Comments:

At 10/15/2005 11:00:00 PM, Anonymous GM Roper said...

ROFL... this whole piece almost reminds me of the commercial where the bad guy says "get 'em up" and the good guy says "I'm not wearing deoderant" to which the bad guy says "get 'em back down."

We all get there sometimes, we all get fed up. The difference is my dear AP is that you write with such clarity that those who don't regularly comment or pay attention have no idea what they are missing.

Don't stop, don't get all the way "un-cynical" and above all, don't quit liking "smelly bait."

Cheers lady, you will always have ONE fan at least.

 
At 10/17/2005 11:02:00 AM, Anonymous class-factotum said...

Yes, I have noticed that if you post nekkid photos of yourself (well, if yourself happens to have a luscious bod) or talk about your sexual experiences or fantasies, you can have a very high readership. At least at that old place.

Good writing and keen insight doesn't necessarily lead to high rankings, but it does develop a loyal following, so please keep writing!

Sometimes the reason your readers don't comment is because there is nothing left to be said after you've written about it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home