Sunday, September 04, 2005

Maybe I should say why I'm here. I've had a journal since the mid-seventies. No, not always electronically. I have notebooks of all shapes and sizes with writing on both sides of every sheet of paper in every one stashed away for what purpose, I don't know. I stopped doing it the longhand way when I got my first computer in about '91 and when blogging started I got my own and started airing my dirty laundry to the world about 2 1/2 years ago.

Frankly, I've had enough. I have decided it's better to just remain anonymous and continue to air said laundry in a fashion that suits me. I do it for me more than anyone else. Somehow, putting things down in words and sentences helps make sense of this crazy world. It helps me. Sometimes I'm wrong. But the last time I checked, I was still free to be wrong.

I read other people's blogs daily. That helps too. In fact, it helps so much, I quit subscribing to the paper and watching network news. This world is not about the talking heads and some corporate backers who tell them what to say - who decide what we hear and know. It's about the people who are in the news. The people who the news is written about and what "their" story is. It's about the people who have their own feelings and interpretations about what goes on in the world. I don't need anyone to tell me only part of a story so that I will formulate the opinion they want me to. I want to hear everyone's side and come to my own conclusions. I want to hear about what good sometimes can come from a bad situation. I want to hear what good situation is really bad under the facade. I'm tired of being lied to.

But, I digress. I'm here now, today, because I'm tired of getting disappointed by people I know personally who misconstrue what I say in my blog and use it to judge me. Here, I will remain anonymous and say what I damn well think.

If you don't like it, there are literally millions of other blogs out there you can read because I'm not turning away or watching what I say just to please someone else ever again.



3 Comments:

At 9/05/2005 04:10:00 PM, Blogger Deb said...

amen! more power to you! It's a shame that society is so judgemental that we have to become annonymous to our own lives. When you get a chance, I'd like to invite you to visit my Christmas Card website where we have a blog that discusses all kinds of issues surrounding Christmas

 
At 9/06/2005 10:07:00 AM, Blogger A Person said...

Thank you, deb, for the invitation. I'll stop by.

 
At 9/12/2005 12:50:00 PM, Blogger Tawny Buttz said...

Attagirl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home