Monday, September 12, 2005

The cost of doing business in China.

In a recent discussion elsewhere, regarding China's reluctance to let the world know they too have a problem with Muslim jihadis, one commenter jumped into the conversation and let us know he was from China and called we Americans "Red Guards" because we had an opinion about China's way of handling it. I begged to differ and pointed to the fact that so much information does, in fact, not get into China because of their censorship and to call us "Red Guards" was indicative of that. This fellow has bought into what information he is allowed to have with no consideration for the fact that he's not getting the whole story. As a matter of fact, he's being fed a pack of lies. Much like our own media selling us a bill of goods without telling "the whole story" on just about everything. Our advantage is that we are not censored and we CAN get the whole story via other channels. Namely BLOGS.

I pointed him to this website which lists all the sites banned in China. The irony was that he could not view the list because THAT site was also banned in China. And the list hasn't even been updated. There are probably scores more than you see there.

Now we see how Google and Yahoo have kowtowed to the will of China's censorship just to make a buck. Just so they can have a presence there as well. You know what I think about that? Hold Yer Nose 'cause I think it stinks.



1 Comments:

At 9/12/2005 12:57:00 PM, Blogger Tawny Buttz said...

I don't work well with one hand only, so if you don't mind, I've opted for one of those clippy clothespins for my nose instead of actually holding it. I'm also becoming adept at breathing through my mouth.

Good post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home